[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Jim Brass Forum • View topic - Paul's TV & Movies

The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Paul's TV & Movies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 am 

Stumbled into the L&O episode from 1990 with PG in it. Wow, he was such a cutie. And the hair!!!!! :lol: It was so light, almost blonde, and lots of it. It's already receding though. I think he must have been born with that high forehead. He was a bad guy in this episode and played it well with the approriate churlish upper lip. The character was clean cut but PG still gave him an underlying slime factor...great stuff. It's easy to see why he still has a nice chest; it was mighty fine in this episode and his waist was so narrow. ;) His voice has changed alot. Sadly he gets killed. William H. Macy was in this episode too.

It's been a good week, great CSI premiere and now this. Oh and I caught Primary Colors last week and an episode of New York Undercover where he played a U.S. Marshall He was cute in that one... kind of but not an all together good guy. And of course in Primary Colors he was a sleazy political operative. Geez the guy is so versatile.

ETA: I changed the name of this thread from Law & Order to Paul's TV & Movies so it covers more ground.

Post subject: Re: Paul's TV & Movies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:45 am 

Quote:
I caught Primary Colors last week and an episode of New York Undercover where he played a U.S. Marshall

Too bad the NY Undercover episode wasn't the earlier one where he plays the really bad guy who's a whiz with a yo-yo. He's kind of bland as the U.S. Marshall but he rocks that trench coat.

I believe that L&O episode is called "Everybody's Favorite Bagman". He's a bad guy but as I recall, he did a good thing. If you really want to see the nice chest, check him out in "Hide and Go Thief", the Crime Story episode he did. His hair is white blonde and my goodness was he ever built! Too bad when YTDAW crashed a while back they lost a lot of pictures because the old Jim Brass picture thread over there had some great caps from the episode.

And just because, here are a few random PG pics from yesteryears.
Attachment:
post-14-1095471847.jpg
post-14-1095471847.jpg [ 19.67 KiB | Viewed 12808 times ]

This one is from Billy Galvin. Ignore the hair and look at the jeans.

Attachment:
InDreams3.jpg
InDreams3.jpg [ 122.04 KiB | Viewed 12808 times ]

This one is from In Dreams. It's all about the scruff.

Attachment:
PG+7.jpg
PG+7.jpg [ 20.18 KiB | Viewed 12808 times ]

And this one is from Wise Guy. He does not play a nice person but he has lovely chest hair.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:53 pm 

Was messing around on YOu Tube and came across a tv movie Paul did back in the late 90's. It was called September. In it, he played "the sad American" who had lot his wife to lukiemia. It was like watching the nicer side of Brass in some scenes. And it is the only time I've seen him get to be a lover that I can remember. He got to smooch up on Muriel Hemingway. When he told her, I want to make love to you," I was so squeeing, lol. I wanted to yell, pick me, pick me :lol:

I like to think this character wasn't to hard for our NinjaMaster Actor Paul; that in some ways we were seeing the real PG.

Oh well, off to scout You Tube for more videos.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 am 

From The Equalizer, circa 1989. Love the scruff!
Attachment:
The Equalizer.jpg
The Equalizer.jpg [ 182.45 KiB | Viewed 12393 times ]

Notice the earring in his right ear. Yes, he really did have a pierced ear - might have had them both pierced, I can't remember. If you look closely at his ear lobe now (or any time during CSI), you can still see the hole, even though it's probably closed up now. Kind of can't see him continuing with this look.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:05 am 

If you have Showtime, tune in Thursday, Oct. 11th to see "That Guy...Who Was in That Thing". I have Showtime so I've already set the DVR.

Quote:
THAT GUY...WHO WAS IN THAT THING
We've all used the phrase "Oh, it's that guy. The one from that other thing." We all recognize them. They appear in dozens of movies and countless television shows, but no one ever bothers to learn their names. Sixteen actors detail their ups and downs as they struggle to forge careers in the world's most cutthroat environment - Hollywood. They've played cops, lawyers, bosses, best friends, psychopaths, politicians and everything in between. Now you'll know who they are.

I think Paul has played every one of those characters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 am 

Darn :x I don't get Showtime. But the pic of him on the link is perfect; hair is good, collar is open (very nicely :oops: ) with him showing a little chest, and he has a wonderfully thoughtful expression on his face. 8-) Darn, darn, darn....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 am 

I was finally able to watch "The Guy Who Was in That Thing" that I recorded off Showtime on Thursday (I'm still playing catch up thanks to work). The documentary is an hour and twenty minutes and they talk to 16 character actors. The screen time is not equal. For Paul it's like his time on CSI only this time I think they missed on the quality. There were some great questions they asked the actors but unfortunately Paul didn't get to answer them. I would have especially liked to hear what his parents thought of him going into acting, how he got into it, and pictures of him playing hockey (they showed Robert Joy playing basketball, Xander Berkeley ice skating, and spent way too long on some guy doing yoga). And honestly, I don't know that Paul really belonged with this group. He's got a regular role on CSI for the last 12 years. Sure, he's paid his dues along the way but he's had a steady paycheck for quite some time. Maybe he didn't want to talk much because he didn't feel like he belonged either. However, Paul did talk and a couple of stories he told were funny and nice.

First shot of Paul is pretty early on. He's leaning back in a chair and there's a great chest hair shot. I have to say that I love, love, love the unbuttoned shirt but honestly, I'm still not convinced that shirt he had on wasn't inside out. There was one time the button looked like it was against his skin. I know it wasn't really but I'm quite certain he takes great care to wad up a shirt before he puts it on. Still, the man did look good and I don't know that I'd want to see him all pressed. We get enough of that with Brass.

"I don't know too much else but acting. And a little bit of, you know, I can read statues in Latin." This was his response to what he'd be doing if it weren't acting. I think. They didn't really pose an actual question or if they did, after it worked it's way through the other actors, it lost some of its meaning.

There as a quote from another actor that I thought was kind of interesting: "Character actors: not the one you want to go to bed with. We just move the plot along." I remember Paul writing an article for the NY Times after he did "Air Force One" and that was basically the gist of what he said. I need to find that article because it really was great read.

They spent some time talking the pay and Paul says very briefly that "the pay doesn't start off great. You have to work your way up the ladder."

This is Paul's comment when I think the question going around was regarding some of their less than stellar acting jobs. "A couple of movies I've done that are kind of dumb. I didn't mean to kind of send people down the wrong avenue." I have no idea what he meant by that but I immediately thought of his guest appearance in NY Undercover, where he plays the yo-yo gangster with the do-rag. It wasn't dumb to much as unintentionally hilarious.

Paul talks about being in the actor's club. He says when you see each other you fall in like...you're alcoholics.

They were I think talking about money being tight between working gigs and how great it is to get a check. Paul gets to tell a hilarious story about this guy who showed up at his place of residence (I'm assuming it was an old house). Paul says he "owed like $9,000." Guy came out to read the meter. Meter was on a tree but Paul told him was in this dark crawl space under the house with lots of "vermin" (he then makes a comment about how he sounds like - and here he says some word meant to be sheriff but he clips it off so it sounds hilarious). He repeats vermin again and laughs. Paul says "guy says f*ck it and he left." Paul then looks at the camera and says he'll pay if those electrical bills are still due.

I'm not sure what the question was for his next response, I have to admit, I fast forwarded through some of the other actors because they were boring. But I guess it had to do with their life during their early acting years. Paul said that he "always liked the idea of a vagabond loner guy who didn't want to be committed into one place...it's selfishness of youth" This then lead into another question that I gather was about their life now or what caused them to settle because this was his next response, which I thought was quite nice.

"When I met Lisa, Lisa Giobbi, a choreographer, my wife, everything fell into place. I was just turning 40, 39 years old, and I thought it's time for me to be with this person." Awwww. He's been with her for 23 years. They really are an adorable couple (she's a perfect fit for him) and I would be crushed if they ever divorced.

The last shot of Paul is where he says a little blurb about how acting is "something I've done for 40 years". And that was it. There was a shot of a lot of the actors getting together probably to watch the documentary but of course Paul was not there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:30 am 

Think this link is to an ad PG made for a company he has shares in~ Blu Homes.
http://vimeo.com/61820417
It's the only one there for him. But, Lisa Giobbi has a few video clips of some of the ballets she has choreagraphed for her company, Movement Theater, if you do a search in the appropriate window.

GMW

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:29 am 

Sundance had the Law and Order movie with Christopher Noth investigating a dirty cop in his old precinct. Paul was a guest star and his primary suspect for much of the movie. Loved the character he played, Sammy. He wore double breasted expensive suits and was fastidious about his appearance. Many of the traits of the Sammy character showed up two years later in Jim Brass. Paul looked good in it though and of course, he was good. Turned out, Sammy wasn't the bad gy which was good too.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:56 am 

over on the Paul Guilfoyle Fan Page on Facebook, here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-Guilfoyle-Fan-Page/345986802108785

there are a couple of interview clips of PG, one in his first season describing CSI, and one on saying goodbye to Grissom's character in season 9.

Thought you all might want to see.
GMW