[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Jim Brass Forum • View topic - Howard

The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Howard
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 am 

I know he hates this movie, but honestly we see all the wonderful skills he uses in this movie, his first, I think. All that authenticity is here. I have always thought he had extraordinary talent, since I first saw this movie. I bet it just took one or two takes for that most famous line, "I want that duck, dead or alive."
This movie had great actors in it, all the way. Lea Thompson, Tim Robbins, the actor who played the alien whose name I can't remember at all but whom I always enjoy. And of course PG.
Laughing all thru this once again.

Post subject: Re: Howard
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:06 am 

This reminded me of the really long interview he did in 2007 (!) where he talked about Howard the Duck. He said he didn't think anyone could get him to talk about it (after he said that "someone's really trying to bust my balls" for asking about it). He said he lived in Sausalito for almost 9 months. Said he was a young guy… "getting laid, getting paid", had some motorcycles, antique cars, a house in Sausalito, and went skiing in the Sierras. Had a lot of time off because he wasn't in the movie a whole lot. During one break - they had to wait about a month because it was duck mating season and the ducks kept attacking the duck puppets.

Notable things about the interview:
- He played hockey in college but when he played in games for teams outside Lehigh, he played under a different name and brought back cases of beer for his college roommates
- He sings hockey penalties
- He does a Michael Caine impression
- Someone knocks on his trailer door, and he says they were bringing him clothes then jokes that he's naked
- Got married in Italy, in a lake in Umbria, on a little tiny island

But the best part? The giggle!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:39 am 

Have not heard or seen this interview! Is it still up? May we go see it online?
Great stuff!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:45 am 

No, it's long gone. As I recall, this was some sort of live internet radio show. I think it was on for an hour and Paul was probably on for half of it.

In 2006 when CSI wanted us to think that Brass might die, Paul was making all the radio talk show rounds. I even heard him on a local station here on my way in to work one morning. I very nearly crashed my car! Unfortunately, the stupid radio station didn't make a downloadable version of it like they did all of their other interviews.