The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 9:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Carol Mendelsohn
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:52 pm 

is ALSO leaving CSI, sort of, kind of.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/csi-showrunner-carol-mendelsohn-exits-711124

Quote:
'CSI' Loses Co-Showrunner Carol Mendelsohn (Exclusive)
2:43 PM PDT 6/11/2014 by Lesley Goldberg
Don McGill will now serve as the lone showrunner on the long-running procedural.
Carol Mendelsohn - P 2014
CBS
Carol Mendelsohn
After 14 years with CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Carol Mendelsohn is exiting the procedural.
Mendelsohn, who has been with the series from the start, is stepping down as co-showrunner, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The veteran producer is also not renewing her overall deal with the show's studio and her longtime home, CBS Television Studios, where she has been based since 2001. Co-showrunner Don McGill, who has worked in that capacity alongside Mendelsohn since 2010, will take over the position full time starting with CSI's upcoming 15th season.
"It's been a long and amazing journey, and I am so proud of CSI's continued success," Mendelsohn said. "In handing over the helm to my dear friend and partner, Don McGill, I know he and our CSI team will carry on brilliantly what we've all created together. CSI, its cast and crew, writers and directors, will always be my family. I have learned so much from each and every one of them. About writing, producing and life. For that, and so much more, I am forever grateful."
Mendelsohn will continue to be credited as an executive producer on CSI and its newly ordered spinoff, CSI: Cyber.
Mendelsohn is a prolific producer and has developed several projects during her run with CBSTVS. Her unscripted series Dogs in the City aired for seven episodes in the summer of 2012. She has developed scores of dramas under the deal, with CSI: Cyber most recently going to series.
Mendelsohn's exit comes three years after CSI creator Anthony Zuiker departed CBS Television Studios in favor of a three-year overall deal with ABC Studios. CSI: Cyber, produced by CBSTVS, marks his first show picked up to series since he inked the pact and falls outside of the ABC Studios deal. Season 15 of CSI will now be without both Mendelsohn and original star Paul Guilfoyle, who was written out in May's season finale.
CSI remains a key franchise for the studio. The show ranked as the most-watched TV show in the world before being topped by network-studio sibling NCIS this year.
Mendelsohn is repped by WME.

Dont'cha just love the way they keep writing PG was Written Out of CSI? (really?)
So, was this her last hurrah? kicking PG off the cast, or was she 'allowed to resign' as well, for the huge furor after PG's release?
Speculation is allowed rampant wildness, now.
GMW

Post subject: Re: Carol Mendelsohn
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 am 

All I can say is "good riddance". She got her just rewards for the treatment of our darling Mr. Guilfoyle.

Post subject: Re: Carol Mendelsohn
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:05 am 

While I have no love for CM and her part in letting Paul go (and that lame-a&& reason why), I honestly thing the person pulling the strings was Don McGill. The actor who plays Crawford seems to be one of his favorites from his old show, Numbers, so I can see him saying adios to Paul in favor of him. I'm sure the actor who plays Crawford is a lovely man but I will never, ever like him or the character. Sorry, I'm shallow that way.