The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: new job in Sweden
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:13 am 

here:
http://hd.se/noje/2014/05/24/csi-stjarn ... -tv-serie/

Quote:
Swedish article re PG's new miniseries job:
" "CSI"-stjärna i svensk tv-serie

Paul Guilfoyle, som i 14 år spelade polisen Jim Brass i amerikanska tv-serien "CSI", var i Stockholm i veckan. Han besökte Sverige för att vara med i uppföljningen till serien "En pilgrims död", enligt Aftonbladet.

— Jag hade precis blivit tillgänglig efter att ha lämnat "CSI". Det här manuset kom en vecka senare. Det är trevligt att gå rakt in i nytt arbete, säger Guilfoyle till Aftonbladet.

Serien "En annan tid, ett annat liv" baseras precis som föregångaren på en roman av Leif G W Persson och sänds på SVT i vinter. Paul Guilfoyle gör ett kortare inhopp som CIA-agent."

What I got from imtranslator was this:
Translated

Quote:
'' CSI ' star in the Swedish tv series Paul Guilfoyle, who for 14 years was playing police Jim Brass in the American tv series ' CSI ', was in Stockholm this week. He visited Sweden to participate in the follow-up to the series ' A pilgrims dead ', according to Aftonbladet. — I had just become available after leaving the ' CSI '. This script came a week later. It's nice to go straight into the new job, "said Guilfoyle to Aftonbladet. The series ' another time, another life ' is based, just like its predecessor on the novel by Leif G W Persson and broadcast on SVT in winter. Paul Guilfoyle makes a brief cameo appearance as a CIA agent. "

So, now you now what I know. Anyone speak Swedish with a better translation?
GMW

Post subject: Re: new job in Sweden
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:17 pm 

That's a great find, GMW! Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like much of a role for Paul. I also wonder if this is only available in Sweden.

Here's the synopsis from IMDB of "Another Time, Another Life"
Quote:
The year is 1975, and the West German embassy in Stockholm is occupied by German terrorists. It's an attack not only on the embassy, but on Sweden's long-standing pride as a peaceful nation. In the aftermath of the violent occupation, the Swedish Security Police suspects the six terrorists had help from the outside, possibly from a group of Swedish sympathizers. But no leads can be found until fourteen years later.

Sounds pretty cool. Too bad he's only mentioned for a cameo though.

I really hope he gets picked up for a recurring role on something. I'm going to miss not having him on my TV screen every week or so.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:41 pm 

You know how he likes to travel -- great opportunity to do so and I wonder if he has to say his lines in Swedish? He'd dig that, too.
Lucky guy!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:08 am 

and one more:
here for the Swedish:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/t ... 8945043.ab

translation thanks to Imtranslator:
Quote:
In STOCKHOLM, Swedish fredagsflanörer raised eyebrows when "CSI" Star Paul Guilfoyle appeared outside the Strand hotel in Stockholm to record scenes for upcoming SVT-series "another time, another life".
Play CSI star in SVT-series Guilfoyle appeared in the sequel to "A Pilgrim's death"
He dropped out of the "CSI"--and accepted a role in a drama. This weekend, Paul Guilfoyle, 65, played in the sequel to "A Pilgrim's death" in Stockholm. – When I read the script, I thought immediately that this was a job that was worth doing, "he told the entertainment sheet.
The recordings of the sequel to "A Pilgrim's death" is in full swing. And in the upcoming miniseries, based on Leif GW Persson's novel "another time, another life", Rolf Lassgård, Claes Malmberg and Helena af Sandeberg is joined by an international top star. This week, Paul Guilfoyle were in Stockholm to record their scenes to the SVT series.
This week, Paul Guilfoyle were in Stockholm to record their scenes to the SVT series." It is a small, but important role. I have an intense scene with one of the main characters. I'm going in as an international person with some power and experience. It's a really exciting role, "he said. Added by — after 14 years in fourteen years, Paul Guilfoyle played the role of police Jim Brass in the American television series "CSI," but he announced in March that it had to suffice with 371 episodes of the acclaimed criminal series.
Instead, he chose to take on the role of CIA agent in "another time, another life" which will be broadcast on SVT in winter. "Looking for challenges – I had just become available after leaving "CSI". This script type came a week later. It's nice to go straight into the new work. There are some other things going on too, but we must not so much deals when making such a major tv series for you is the type never available." What led you to take up this role? –" The story is very complicated. And there is much dialogue. I have a scene that is five pages long, that kind of scenes, I don't see very often. It was very fascinating and well written, "says Paul Guilfoyle.
It was to be able to take on these roles, more challenging, as you chose to jump off "CSI"? –" Yes, exactly." This is Paul Guilfoyle name: Paul Guilfoyle. Age: 65 years. Profession: Actor. Family: wife and children. Live: Tribeca in New York.
Background: best known for his role as Jim Brass in "CSI" as he has done since the series began in 2000, and recently dropped out. Has also appeared in films such as "Air force one", "L.A. confidential" and "Hoffa". Current: Role in the sequel to "A Pilgrim's death". The new miniseries, "another time, another life" based on Leif GW Persson's novel, broadcast on SVT in winter. Helena af Sandeberg, Rolf Lassgård, Claes Malmberg and Jacob Ericksson also appears in the sequel.

Attachments:
Stockholm3.jpg
Stockholm3.jpg [ 15.4 KiB | Viewed 10727 times ]
Stockholm2.jpg
Stockholm2.jpg [ 29.78 KiB | Viewed 10727 times ]
Stockholm 1.jpg
Stockholm 1.jpg [ 24.62 KiB | Viewed 10727 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:13 am 

two more pics from article above.
Note they also state in the interview that PG dropped out of CSI specifically? for this role.
A little national fingernail polishing here.

Attachments:
Stockholm5.jpg
Stockholm5.jpg [ 16.53 KiB | Viewed 10725 times ]
Stockholm4.jpg
Stockholm4.jpg [ 15.95 KiB | Viewed 10725 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:43 pm 

These pics are awesome - another great find, GMW! Can I just say that he looks great too? Love the longer hair and the open shirt.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:43 pm 

Alright, where's the d@mned panting smilie! Oh gawd, he is looking sooo fine in these pics. Nice hair, open collar, nice colors, clothes that seem to fir right, and smiling! Hubba, hubba...

Ok, cold shower time. :lol:

Thanks for the info, G and especially the pics.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 am 

In that first photo, his expression reminds me of the early Brass photos. Lawdy, does he look good! :o

You're right, SH, he has the right colors on and thanks, GMW for the great pics!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:54 am 

Here's another article in the Swedish news. Apologies for the bad translation. I don't like the part where he says he doesn't have to work. I mean, I do because it's good for him but I don't because it's bad for us.

Quote:
The veteran jumps of CSI after 317 episodes
Therefore jumps Paul Guilfoyle of TV success

After 317 episodes, he had enough.
Now thank "CSI"-legendary Paul Guilfoyle separately.
- I think the evidence is won over to acting to end, he says to Aftonbladet.

FACTS
Name: Paul Guilfoyle.
Family: Wife and children.
Lives: Tribeca in New York.
Background: Best known for his role as Jim Brass in "CSI" as he has done since the series started in 2000 and recently dropped out. Has also appeared in films such as "Air Force One", "LA Confidential" and "Hoffa".
Current: Guilfoyles last episode of "CSI" broadcast on Monday 16 June at Channel 5th Makes a role in the sequel to "A pilgrim's death." The new mini-series, "Another Time, Another Life" based on Leif GW Persson's novel, broadcast on SVT this winter.

Now take Paul Guilfoyle , 65, said goodbye to "CSI."
After 14 years and 317 episodes of detective series veteran decided to jump on the role of Lieutenant Jim Brass.
Instead, he flew last week to Sweden to participate in SVT's sequel to "A pilgrim's death."
- Until now I have most of the time been indisposed. But I just became available because I left the TV series, said Guilfoyle.

"Small Cool"
When Nöjesbladet hits him, he has been in Stockholm for a few days and take the opportunity to compare the "CSI" with Vasa Ship.
- I do not think that kind of long-runner with lots of episodes will be much longer. They are too big, almost like the Vasa Ship. They are built so large that they do not sail so deftly. They have lots of weapons and seem powerful, but to sail them now in the kava water that is television which is concentrating more on character-driven, I think it will go the other way.

Are you saying that you left a sinking ship?
- No, no, I did a very thorough and well-functioning vessels. A great team. But it is a commercial team. And when a ship gets bigger and bigger so will the need for actors to actually act on them less and less interesting.

"Do not worry about the bills"
Paul Guilfoyle describes how the lack of acting led him to eventually drop out of the hit series.
- I have tried to find ways. Looking at such a crystal, an object that has evidence of their words, and trying but frankly, it's very difficult to act in relation to a glass. But I have been trying for many years and many times also managed to build a character in relation to the evidence. But I think the glass is finally won. So I decided that it was time to sail away before it began to sink too deep into the water, a bit like the Vasa Ship.

But a role in a Swedish drama teaches well not directly pay your bills?
- I do not exactly have to worry about my bills, he says.
- I do not do things for financial reasons. I've done it once in my so called career and I did it successfully. I made the right choice when it came to anything to hook my financial situation. It has taken care of both me and others.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:06 pm 

Knowing what we know about Paul, my guess is that he will be looking for the meaty roles that he can sink his teeth into. It won't be about the money, it will be what he can do with the character. I also would hazard to guess that at least for awhile his roles will be very un-Brass like. I also look for him to try to find things closer to home to be nearer his family. He seems to love doting on his very talented daughter and I sense he wants time to relish her and her accomplishments before she fully leaves the nest.

He made a nice chunck of money on CSI and apparently invested a lot of it, so I think he is sincere in his comments about the pay. We know he never really worried too much about the money before Snow came along. He really means it when he says it is about the authenticity of the role. He has taken care of his family and now I look for him to nuture his creativity.