[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Jim Brass Forum • View topic - 15th season contract?

The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 15th season contract?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm 

Sorry I was so stupid on the other thread. Had the longest day of my life -- worked straight through from 7:30 AM till 10:00 PM and came home to that post. I was so shocked that I had to ask. THEN, I came here and read it all.

What are they thinking? You can't just rip out the heart and soul of a show (PG) and then expect it to be the same. I blame the Law and Order franchise for this kind of stunt. Procedural shows think that each actor is a cog in a machine and can be replaced at a whim, but it's the Paul's of the show that make it worth watching. I noticed at the end of the article that they mentioned other big names that had left or was written out of their shows, and no matter what you think it will do to better the show, it changes. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. In the case of many of these shows (NCIS, Person of Interest) it was not for the better, because after all of the gore and death and crazy situations, you need the characters to show that there is good, that there is hope. It's one reason I love Criminal Minds (except for Mandy Patinkin and Paget Brewster, most of the core is still there) and before all of the switches in cast, why I loved CSI.

Jim Brass in particular.........of course!

But, I'm with the rest of you. I would much rather put in my trusty CSI DVD's and watch that at 10:00 on Wednesdays and screw the next season. Lawrence Fishburne was a colossal bust and in my mind Ted Danson is not a step up. I can't stand the new female characters at all.

I sincerely hope that Paul wasn't just given a pink slip at the end. I know that he has stated on many occasions in interviews that he understands that show business is exactly what is says -- a business. But, to him, it's art and I for one, appreciated all of the little nuances that he gave to Jim Brass. When I'm directing musicals, I try to use things that I see in his performances to inspire my students and I will so miss looking forward to see what new dimension he added to the character in that week's episode. But, as his daughter is finishing her academic career, I'm sure he'll be glad to be there for all of the moments, because as a high school teacher I know how much happens that you don't want to miss.

I just wish there was a way that we as a group could communicate to him our respect and love for all that he's given to us. I know he probably doesn't care much for that, but I do know that deep down, actors do appreciate that someone out there "gets it". And, we, my friends, "get him".

Last night, after that crazy day, I couldn't sleep because this upset me so much. I just went ahead and rewatched "The Devil and DB Russel" just to watch Paul. I still can't explain how that last scene gets me when he finds Nancy's dead body and has to face Ellie. Canon problems aside, I just enjoyed the performance for what it was. His happiness when he first walks into the room to the pure shock of seeing Nancy's body to the total disbelief when facing Ellie -- it's all there -- in that totally sweet, expressive face and eyes of his. You FEEL the grief, you just want to wrap your arms around him and tell him it will get better. Amazing! Do you ever see that kind of performance from any other member of the cast? Is it all about who will show up for the "live tweet"? REALLY? Because I strongly disagree.

Yes, it's a business, but when a man comes to work for 14 years and doesn't get in some writers' face (yes, GE, I'm pointing at you) doesn't walk off the set demanding more money (come on down, JF and GE, AGAIN) or leaves for new jobs (MH) or just plain leaves after helping to start the show (WP) then more respect should be given for the loyalty that's shown than what I'm hearing from the press about this decision. It's wrong and shameful.

This last script better be a doozy and sends him off with a happy ending. Or, at least with some hope for his future. That's all -- it is not in Jim's character to commit suicide or he would have done that after Holly Griggs.

Forgive me this rant, but I had to get it out somewhere and my husband is starting to get jealous of Paul Guilfoyle right now. Oh well, it's my crush and I'll cry if I want to!

I'll end with this -- maybe good ol' Marg will invite him over to Intelligence and make him the head of the CIA -- it's about time he gets to play the bad guy and we can watch the sparks fly again!

Thanks, all -- this forum means a lot to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:58 am 

Shane Saunders posted a few pics of Paul on the lot at Stage 24. Paul looks better than great in that polo and those jeans! I want him to land a role that allows him to dress like this all the time.

Attachment:
Shane Saunders and Paul 032714.jpg
Shane Saunders and Paul 032714.jpg [ 146.13 KiB | Viewed 5102 times ]

Paul with Shane courtesy of @sssaunders on Instagram
Attachment:
Paul and Larry Mitchell courtesy of SSaunders 032714.jpg
Paul and Larry Mitchell courtesy of SSaunders 032714.jpg [ 122.17 KiB | Viewed 5102 times ]

Paul with Larry Mitchell, courtesy of @sssaunders on Instagram
Attachment:
BjwwJ8ECcAAltYc.jpg
BjwwJ8ECcAAltYc.jpg [ 75.1 KiB | Viewed 5102 times ]

Paul with Larry Mitchell and Shelli Bergh courtesy of @ShaneSSaunders on Twitter.
Attachment:
BjwzojgCQAAqpRX.jpg
BjwzojgCQAAqpRX.jpg [ 94.61 KiB | Viewed 5102 times ]

Goodbye hug! I am very envious of Shelli. Paul's butt in jeans is adorable. And kind of non-existent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:23 am 

OMG! :P Does he look good! And at least he looks happy. I certainly hope that he is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:35 am 

Yeah, he does look happy. That makes me feel a little better.

Btw, in the first picture check out his left forearm. It might be a shadow but it looks like he's got some kind of wicked scar starting at his elbow. If so, that would explain why he's always flexing his left hand.

ETA:
Marg just posted this on Twitter:"Congratulations to #PaulGuilfoyle for 14 outstanding years on @CSI_CBS! Captain Brass was a #BAMF!"
Attachment:
Bjxwgd5CYAEVjgi.jpg
Bjxwgd5CYAEVjgi.jpg [ 46.41 KiB | Viewed 5098 times ]

This is an old picture but he looks very happy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:42 am 

I just found that one as a close up! You beat me to it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 pm 

Quote:
I can't find the pic now, it's gone, but they were standing very closely together, and actually looked like they were hugging, very smiley.

Ok, I think I now know the pic you are referring to and if it's the one I think it is, it was at Marg's going away. CM was standing close to PG and they were both smiling. I think that was more about the event though than being good friends.

Also, anyone else notice the amount of arm fur he has in that pic with Marg? If we had heart emoticons, I'd post a lot of them here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 am 

Quote:
And at least he looks happy. I certainly hope that he is.
Annie

I would think getting out from such a shark tank might be considered a good thing, don't you? I expect he is looking forward to a summer with his daughter and wife, and not having to travel every weekend for nine months a year, but just the occasional comings and goings to movie sets, or better yet, working in New York Theater again. I know he's missed it.

And I am with you Beaujolais, his furry body just sends me. B-I think that is muscle definition you mention, as it's on both arms. I know hockey gets violent, certainly dangerous, but I don't see miscoloring, just defined muscle tissue. FWIW.

Did you notice WP made the set on the last day for PG? Thought that was a nice touch, although saw no pictures whatsoever of the event.

GMW

pic is from Couch in New York, courtesy AllforPaul. PG in boxers, and naked feet which surprisingly do not look overlarge. Hmm.

Attachments:
couch in new york.jpg
couch in new york.jpg [ 6.88 KiB | Viewed 5015 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:30 am 

My musical rehearsal runs till eight EST, so I'll be home in plenty of time to live tweet and tell them what I think. I've been having a lot of fun putting that hashtag on every post to their Facebook dribble.
Paul won't be back, but at least we can make CSI's life a living hell for awhile!
I still say Intelligence should grab him! Or, I will! :lol:

And I'm all for arm fur, chest fur, leg fur........ Where's that panting smile, SH?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:30 am 

I haven't just read about this, but it's the first chance i have to write about it. Well...it's probably more kind of a rant.

I'm very sad to know Mr. Guilfoyle is not going to be in this show anymore.
To be honest, CSI ended for me in season 7, not because Grissom left, but because i think the writers just didn't know what to do after that. Langston is the biggest example of it.
The only reason i kept watching for all the upcoming seasons until now, is Jim Brass. I guess after the lack of his presence in the show i was kind of expecting it, just not the way it did.
End a contract for someone who's been working for you over 14 years and been so loyal to the show the way the producers did, it's...to put it in beautiful words, not respectful.
I'm mad it wasn't Mr. Guilfoyle decision to leave, i would have at least expected for them to let him decide.

I just hope they don't kill Jim Brass away and give him if it's not happy, at least and open end to seek some sort of happiness.
I second Beaujolais, let him ride off and find Annie Kramer.

One thing left to say...all i have is respect and gratitude for the actor who has created this enormous character that is Jim Brass. So thank you very much Mr. Guilfoyle.

And I know this belong to another topic, but please don't end up this forum, you are my only source to know about whatever new project Mr. Guilfoyle would decide to start.

I'll be attentive for the news...and thanks for the nice pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:57 pm 

Thanks for the pics, B :lol:

Paul does have a cute butt and that pic shows it. I tweeted about that the other night---that his buns were cuter than Nick's :lol:

How many 64 year old actors are still in that great shape, I wonder? Certainly not their former star, pretty boy WP. Don't get me wrong, WP is still a fine lookin' fella but physically he isn't in as good shape as Paul. I hope his last scene in his last episode has him in a polo and he leaves us with a nice shot of his fineness ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next