[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Jim Brass Forum • View topic - twitter

The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: twitter
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm 

Just had a thought:

What if we get everybody to tweet about Paul Guilfoyle and see if we can grow it to a trend? Then CBS has to resign him, right?

We could set it up to happen on a certain day so that there would be lots of activity about him.

BTW, I think he does have a twitter account but doesn't seem to use it.

Post subject: Re: twitter
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:21 pm 

Not to be a downer but it takes a lot to get someone or something to trend. I doubt three or four of us could do it and I don't think it would influence CBS to re-sign him.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm 

I goofed and can't figure out how to make this go away :oops: :lol:

Last edited by spottedhorse on Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:14 pm 

Yeah, I knew it would be real stretch but it could be fun.

On another note: I picked up on a twitter reference to a fan2tv.com blurb about CSI.

Quote:
Pour cette 13e saison (2012-2013), d'autres acteurs historiques ont également rempilé : George Eads (Nick Stokes), Paul Guilfoyle (Jim Brass) et Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders).

I put it through some online translaters and it basically says Paul Guilfoyle has resigned for season 13 :D I retweeted it.

I'm doing a happy dance so those Frenchies better be right!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 am 

There's an account on Twitter called @guilfoyle_paul. It's a fake account along with several others for CSI actors that have popped up recently. Paul does have a Twitter account but with the exception of updating his location he's never actually used it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:18 pm 

I've tweeted him a few times on his account---at least, I think it is his account.

I'm still waiting for a reply :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 am 

His twitter name is related to Boston. Also, he did update his location to say NYC, LA, Rome. It's his account but no, he's never tweeted anything. Maybe if they somehow manage to get him to do a live tweet during an episode he would bit I would expect to see pigs fly before that would ever happen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:15 am 

So they've been posting many pictures of the #300 celebration on Twitter. There was a picnic on Sunday and a party on Monday and lots of references to the "original" cast. It's expected that George Eads wasn't there but no Paul either. Why am I not surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:29 pm 

I saw a post on tumblr with some of the pictures. The person posting them questioned why the only cast member who has been credited in all of the episodes since the beginning isn't in any of the pics. With Eads on a leave for his conduct that leaves our man as the only original cast member with no break in the show's run. And still, he wasn't in any pics. Doesn't surprise me but I do find myself scratching my head and wondering what the heck is wrong with those people at CSI. They continue to overlook the brighest jewel in their box.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 am 

Tweet from Shane on the premier:
Quote:
Season 14 premiere is very surprising & suspenseful. Paul Guilfoyle gives best performance since Season 6's "A Bullet Runs Through It".

Louise Lombard responded:
Quote:
I have a soft spot for Paul...superb actor and an absolute joy to work with

And I replied that Paul always gives his best. Unfortunately, they haven't given him much to work with since season 6.