The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Season 12
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 pm 

With the way Season 11 ended there is all kinds of opportunity with the Brassman, I think. I know his actions have been discussed on other pages and other websites, but I want to peek forward here. So what do you think will happen with the Brassness this season? I can see all kinds of consequences, some really bad for our fav cop but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. In any case, I don't think anyone's else's judgment will matter as much to him as his own conscience. I believe he did what he thought he had to do to protect one of his own but will he have second thoughts? Will he be upset to see Ray gone? And what about the reprecussions for Catherine? Will he feel like she's getting her just deserts for putting the whole fiasco in motion in the first place.

And what about the new guy (the Danson character)? How will they get along? Will there be a relationship like he had with Grissom, with healthy respect, some easy banter and needling, and occassional clash or will they be antagonistic? How will Brass feel about Catherine being replaced? And just what does he think about the whole Catherine/Vartann thing?

And of course, the ongoing questions about Ellie and if that will ever be resolved. And what about a love interest? The guy's getting older, he needs the love of a good woman, don't you think?

So, what do you think

Post subject: Re: Season 12
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:19 pm 

These are a lot of good questions, spottedhorse! I think there's going to be some fallout after the end of last season (I'll post some of that in the spoiler thread) but given that Paul has signed on for S12, unless they plan to follow Brass' exploits in prison, I think his actions go largely unnoticed. However, I do think that the friction between Catherine and Jim will continue and if so, that's disappointing because I really love their friendship in the previous seasons. Maybe DB (Ted Danson's character) can mend that little rift.

And as for why Brass did what he did, there's a show on Lifetime I think about a woman in a family of cops who takes a position in IA and her family, especially her dad, don't take to kindly to this. The reason why I bring this up is that in one of the previews her dad is saying something about there's a code among cops that they protect their own. Hearing that, it occurred to me that The Code could be Brass's reasons for protecting Ray. Yes, Brass turned in his old crew in NJ because they were crooked. Brass broke The Code because the cops were crooked. In his mind I don't believe he saw what Ray did as being crooked. It was murder but after seeing the circumstances, Brass (and possibly Catherine and Greg and Nick) could rationalize it being justified, whether the law sees it that way or not.

As for the new guy, I really, really hope that Brass and DB have the kind of friendship that Brass and Grissom had. The good old days saw age and experience (Grissom, Catherine and Brass) vs. the young Turks (Nick, Sara, Warrick and Greg). I loved that dynamic and would love to see it return with DB.

Re: Catherine and Vartann, I don't believe Brass ever acknowledged it at all in S11 but that's because he was so far down in the plot basement. PG went from a very visible supporting character to an "what happened to PG" supporting character. They only bring him to the forefront when they want to completely hose up a character. I seriously doubt Brass cares about Vartann and Catherine because he doesn't seem to remember that he and Catherine are friends. And her attitude towards him reminds me of the hissy, pissy cat I'm currently fostering (Anyone want a cat? She's really sweet once she gets used to her surroundings, I swear.).

I suspect PG has put the kibosh on any kind of romance for his character. If he ever does get a girlfriend, she'll never be seen but I have a feeling that PG's take on it is Brass got so burned in his marriage that he doesn't do relationships. But he does do women ;) As for Ellie, I would be shocked if she ever came back because I honestly think they are hoping we forgot about her. Also, the actor who played Ellie hasn't done anything since 2006 so if they did bring Ellie back for an actual appearance, I wonder if they'd have to re-cast her again.

Thanks for posting this, spottedhorse. There's so much speculation on what will happen to Catherine or Nick and of course Brass gets left out. I think most of the time the other boards forget that he's still part of the team but given how the writers have cast Brass aside, it's not surprising.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:40 am 

Looks like we finally got a promo pic and I'm happy to see that Brass isn't a dot in the background. If Paul were taller though, I wonder if he'd be closer to the middle.

Attachment:
206734775.jpg
206734775.jpg [ 109.14 KiB | Viewed 3489 times ]

ETA: So much Brass goodness, courtesy of Pizquita.com!
Attachment:
3d_10001500_15102011_www.pizquita.com_006.jpg
3d_10001500_15102011_www.pizquita.com_006.jpg [ 772.28 KiB | Viewed 3487 times ]

Attachment:
3d_10001500_15102011_www.pizquita.com_004.jpg
3d_10001500_15102011_www.pizquita.com_004.jpg [ 629.49 KiB | Viewed 3487 times ]

Attachment:
3d_10001255_15102011_www.pizquita.com_005.jpg
3d_10001255_15102011_www.pizquita.com_005.jpg [ 663.49 KiB | Viewed 3487 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:19 am 

Hmmm, the man sure likes to put his hands in his pockets. Wonder if that's his self-confidence showing or maybe there's something good in there. Either way, the Brassman is one cocky SOB, lol!