The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Getting more Brass time ASAP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 pm 

I have had an "idea". Since they are underworking Brass already, (perhaps he needs to be home?) and he's due for a promotion anyway, if they promote him to undersheriff, won't he be in charge of training rookies, or perhaps the police academy, as well as underseeing new detectives in training, etc?
So, this sparked the idea that perhaps every six or seven shows, they could bring in the current class of trainees, either uniforms or detectives in training, and Brass could lead them into the CSI precincts and with the CSI's help, actually get the trainees into hands on work with the crime du jour.

What say? any merit at all in this? Certainly would offer more Brass time. Perhaps, dare I say? a spin-off?
GMW

Post subject: Re: Getting more Brass time ASAP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:21 am 

Great suggestions but unfortunately, I don't think Brass is on the writer's radar any more. He went south along with Grissom but unlike Grissom, the Brass shell remains.

I think the last big season Brass had was the first part of S10. In the second half of S10 (after the Christmas break) he looked to have some health issues, they cut his time back, and it's not recovered since. I'm afraid this current crop of writers don't know what to do with Brass. They seem to want to use Ecklie now since he's connected to the little darling, Morgan, and they haven't figured out how to play Brass off DB the way the old writers played Brass off Grissom. They could really have a great dynamic if they could figure that out.

Personally, I really liked it when Brass and Sofia were working together. Homicide detectives have partners so for once it seemed realistic. I think the thing that makes me roll my eyes the most at all this is that the writers are constantly going on about how they have advisers on set. That may be true but they obviously don't listen to them. CSI was always unrealistic in how they portrayed crime scene investigators (I've heard stories from the head of the crime lab in PA). Now it's just a big, sad joke.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 am 

It's sad, but true. Shows always seem to go south when the original writers leave for their new projects, and the same is true here. Now, it's all about the newer characters and they probably think it's big of them to include Ecklie and occasionally, Brass.

But, I also think that our constant harping at the writers (well, they decided to open a twitter account) has helped get Brass what he got last year! Let's keep going!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 am 

what I am truly concerned about are the notes on the CSI twitter sites, where one of the show's posters there indicate that the first show is just the beginning of the mob of deaths which are approaching this fall season. Evidently they have someone else getting killed in a robbery a few episodes later (the one they are filming now? dunno) from the first episode, and later a real possibility of someone else. Perhaps the money has gone south for this show, and they are killing off the older regulars who get a larger salary, or something. But it doesn't look good for the boys in blue in LVPD, CSI or not. Perhaps George, or PG, or Jorja? Hmm.

GMW

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/csi-la ... money.html
https://twitter.com/tvtw_csi/status/21331893647

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:05 am 

That second twitter link sounds like "Inside the Box" so that's probably a rerun? The fact that it mentions Catherine makes me believe it's old.

CSI might be old and dusty here in the US but it's still a money-maker overseas, which is why it's mostly likely still limping along. And yes, the older regulars make a decent salary but TD and EShue make a lot more. And I'm sure some of those guest stars don't come cheap.