The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Favorite CSI Character
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 pm 

Ok, all you lurkers, go and show Jim Brass some love.

Who is yor favorite CSI

Post subject: Re: Favorite CSI Character
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm 

Our man, Brass isn't doing so hot in this poll. But at least he is ahead of DB Russell :) It's Sara, Grissom, Nick, Greg, and Catherine way ahead of Brass. Russell is just behind. So anyone who hasn't voted needs to go vote for our guy and bump him up some ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:34 pm 

Even though this thread was created to vote in a poll, I figure it applies here since it's about this board's favorite character.

Someone on another board posts the character screen times for each episode. In "Skin in the Game", which was supposed to focus on Brass, he had 8 whole minutes screen time. That was the same amount of time he got in the previous episode. The most time he's had all season was the 13 minutes he got in "Strip Maul" followed by "Pick and Roll" with 11 and then "Fallen Angels" and "Code Blue Plate Special" each with 9 minutes. In all the other episodes he appeared in this season, he averaged about 4 to 6 minutes. Not very impressive if you ask me, especially when you consider that back in the day, Brass was right up there with Grissom and Catherine.

I think it's safe to say that the real Jim Brass left the show when Grissom left because his character really hasn't been the same since.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 pm 

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that the real Jim Brass left the show when Grissom left because his character really hasn't been the same since.

Sadly, I have to agree. It was like when Grissom left all the air went out of the show in so many ways. I don't know if it was that Grissom was that dynamic a character or if it was Petersen behind the cameras pushing things that was the difference.

In any case, it seemed they worked so hard at introducing the new characters that they forgot the others and only revisit them occassionally. I know Brass was never intended to be as central as Grissom but he was at least as much in a support role as Nick and the others.

Ironic that now we are left with Nick and Brass as the only two who have been around the whole time; should mean they are central to the continuity. But nope. Brass gets little screen time and at times just seems to be hanging around. And Nick doesn't get the good stuff as much as he used to. I understand they've all matured but still...the show used to have an element of fun that just isn't there anymore.

I'm kind of thinking this is probably the last season for the show. It is starting to feel tired. And the stuff the writers come up with as "new" is often just a diffent twist on something they've already done. But before they go, I want to see Brass promoted. It would be full circle and perfect closure for the character since he was expecting a promotion in the pilot episode. And then I want to see him leave on a high note. Maybe if they don't kill off Ellie, she shows up at his office in the very last episode. She'd be clean and getting her life together and they're going to dinner to celebrate a year of her sobriety. His final scene is leaving his office with his daughter and he turns out the light and walks away. Something corny like that, :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:53 pm 

Just listened again to St.Jimmy by Green Day. It is as if the song had been specifically written for Brass, or at least Paul's portrayal of Brass. I do enjoy the whole 'vibe' of the piece. I was not aware it had been written for another purpose altogether. Still attempting to put together the backstory but not successfully.
Hope all of us are safe this holiday season. Be careful but please enjoy the season starting with Halloween then on to Thanksgiving and then Christmas and New Years.Take care, everyone!
Holiday Brass is upon us!!