The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Season 15
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 pm 

Well, we now know who's replacing PG. Just saw this on Twitter, but it's old info.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 142.6 KiB | Viewed 10648 times ]

Post subject: Re: Season 15
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 am 

One more reason not to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:46 pm 

Indeed another reason not to watch S15, but anyone know of first episode spoilers that hint at what happened to Brass? I have to admit I haven't gone into serious searching on that topic.

Thanks,
Ladykestre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 pm 

Nothing yet. They started filming out of order so they are just now filming 15x01. I'll be shocked if we get something more than a passing "did you hear about Brass? He retired." comment.

What was really, really painful was seeing pictures of TD and one of the guest stars sitting in Brass' office, running lines, and knowing that Brass is no longer there. The good news however, is that the guy who plays Crawford said in a tweet that he's not being added as a regular - just recurring. Hopefully, that means they are not going to replace Brass.

And I wasn't going to watch any episode without Paul anyway but moving the show to Sunday night sealed it for me regardless. Between hockey, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Veep, I rarely watch network TV on Sunday nights. And when I do, it's Sunday Night Football. If they'd kept Paul, I would have made an effort to watch CSI. Now? I'll never watch it.

Post subject: Re: Season 15 episode 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:03 am 

watched it on the computer this a.m. and it certainly is dark and twisted, twins and various blonde/blue-eyed dead bodies all over, including some mummified and of course guts all over. Yuck.
But without Brass it didn't mean anything. Mark Vann certainly hit his lines hard, about how Brass had to stay with his daughter even if it meant leaving 'us', which I thought sort of peculiar due to the way PG was actually 'released' from the show, but perhaps it's Vann's way of saying he resents PG being let go, or some such. TD's look was certainly more or less offended, but then, his character gets challenged all over the place in this episode. This was part 1 of a two parter, and while I watched to get all the info which might have been available on Brass, I probably won't be watching anymore, as 'dark and twisted' especially on this show doesn't do it for me. Very formulaic, and no good snark at all.

Ah, well. End of an era, certainly.
GMW

thought you might see the ratings Schedius posted on twitter. NB how low the CSI ratings are for the premier of sesason 15.
No Brass, no glory.

Attachments:
By0zralCQAAcvAj.jpg
By0zralCQAAcvAj.jpg [ 30.73 KiB | Viewed 10147 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 am 

Yeah, they actually lost viewers in the finals, dropping from 9.7 mil/1.4 in the fast overnights to 9.4 mil/1.3. I think that's pretty hilarious! I've read some of the comments across various forums and Twitter and people are not happy that Brass is gone. I will be shocked if CSI makes it to a S16.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:05 am 

A user on the IMDb Message Board for Paul wrote a very good "Thank You Paul Guilfoyle" post. There are curse words so if you're sensitive to bad language, look away. But I thought it was great. Check it out here.

Post subject: Re: Season 15 second week ratings
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:53 am 

(sneering rather openly here)
These are the final ratings for last Sunday. Mess with OUR Captain, will you?

Attachments:
ratings 2.jpg
ratings 2.jpg [ 21.17 KiB | Viewed 10067 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:00 am 

Hubby taped it, so I tried to watch. It was so lame I shut it off after the first interrogation. The guy replacing him is only listed as a guest star and no one gets listed at the end with the "and" designation like PG did.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:48 pm 

There are some who simply refuse to admit he's gone:

http://www.hallels.com/articles/8964/20141009/csi-season-15-episode-4-spoilers-preview-bad-blood-gets.htm