[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Jim Brass Forum • View topic - new facebook page for fanfic

The Jim Brass Forum

The forum has been revived! Please sign up again!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: new facebook page for fanfic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:04 am 

That was great! :lol: I may try my hand at continuing the paragraph you started, we'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:50 pm 

I have a favor to ask. CSI Forever Online is having nominations for 2015 Fan Fiction of the Year awards. Of course everything currently being written and nominated is either GSR or Greg/Morgan and yes, there aren't many Brass fics out there. However, I did write one last year and I'd appreciate it if someone would be so kind to nominate it. It's not at all because I want to win, because really, it won't for so many reasons, but I'm sick of seeing Brass ignored. They have all these categories for other ships and not one mentions Brass! It just peeves me that others think he's not deserving of a relationship or that they think no one would write a ship for him.

Here's a link to my fic Shelter from the Storm and if you see any others that include Brass heavily that were written within the eligible dates, please nominate them as well. Maybe then more people would include him - and not just as a prop for GSR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:02 am 

Beaujolais, I went to the nomination page, there is an eligible list but I cant find you on it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:57 pm 

Yep, it's not listed because it hasn't been nominated yet so that's where I need your help. You might have noticed that there's no mention of Brass anywhere on that page. My intent isn't to have people vote for my fic. I'd just like some Brass awareness and I think I may have the only pure Brass fic written within the timeframe. It's too bad SP hasn't written any Brass fic over the last year because hers would have been good to nominate as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:06 pm 

Ok bear with me, having a blond moment here, but how do I nominate you. I looked but could not figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:00 am 

Well, I'm not blonde but I can't figure out how to nominate the story either. I had to sign up for the page but even then, I couldn't figure it out. They have their list of eligible stories and good luck getting one nominated that isn't on the list. I have some not so nice words to say about this but I'll play nice :? :x :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:40 am 

I tried too, but even after joining the page, I couldn't add your story. What kind of stupid page is this, anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:22 pm 

Well thank goodness it is not my blondness, not blond by the way, and yes I signed up too but still not able to nominate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 pm 

Thanks everyone for giving it a try. I can't say that I know how to do it either so I did a little investigating. Once I sign in, I have the ability to edit via an "easy edit" button in the upper left hand corner of the nominations page. As I recall, after I signed up for the site, I got an email from one of the mods over there saying I had been given the ability to edit. If you got that email, you should have edit capability.

All that said, no worries about nominating my fic however, since they do this every year, for next year we should all write Brass fics and then nominate them. That means yvonnebrass and annie need to get writing! :lol:

spottedhorse wrote:
I have some not so nice words to say about this but I'll play nice

This was my motivation for wanting a Brass fic, any Brass fic, nominated. Unless you write GSR and maybe Greg/Morgan, you don't stand a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm 

Okay, I've given this fanfic idea some thought. Let's declare Paul Guilfoyle's birthday as Brass Day and we all post a Brass story? It could be as long or as short as each writer wants it to be; no rules other than Brass is the central character. His birthday is in April so that should give everyone plenty of time to put something together, even me :o

If someone has another day that would be a better idea, say so. And post here if you are in, so we can all support one another in this. It will only be a tiny ripple unless we have lots of people, so it is important that everyone contributes something.

So who's in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next